Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Brooklyn Urban Scenescapes Of Local Artist John Lloyd

While walking Abby & Spencer this morning, I met artist John Lloyd near the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, who offered me a postcard from a recent exhibit—which displayed a beautiful oil portrait of the building I live in. It has immediately become my laptop screensaver. What a gift.

Lloyd, who earned a BFA from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University, has exhibited in galleries & museums throughout the Northeast and in Europe. He was born in Kyoto, Japan, where his parents and grandparents were missionaries.

"Growing up in the Far East and later adapting to life in the U.S. has led me to a continual study of art and culture from around the world," he says on his webbie. "My paintings capture the puzzling human community of city streets, full of conflict and joy."
 Prospect Park, Brooklyn.
"Capriccio": Invented places.
View more of his portfolio below the jump; and at the Jane Talcott and John Lloyd Studio website.