Friday, January 30, 2009

Freaky Friday

I'm not sure how confessional I wanna get here, but I'll admit that I'm a bit of a wreck. Jimmy became my best friend in the 7th grade and it didn't take long before all of my imminent gayness was dumped on him in the form of a full-fledged crush... which went on for, oh, about a decade. Jimmy was the first person I ever came out to, and while he's good and straight (I had the honor of being best man in his wedding), he did his best to support. It was such a different time, with few role models, certainly no Internet and it was all rather dramatic and full of uncertainty and much emotion.I have not seen Jimmy in 17 years. Later today, he is arriving in NYC to audition his son at Julliard. They will be joining us at Lunasa, where I will thankfully be surrounded by my security blanket. Last night I auditioned my outfit for Ayhan. I'm all nervous, like a first date. My god, I'm in the 7th grade... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!