Thursday, March 18, 2010

530 Meaningless Words

AP devoted 530 words to the huuuge non-news story that some dope told black people over the PA system to leave a Walmart in southern Jersey. It's a major "news" headline on Yahoo!, CNN and ABC, among others. Shouldn't this be regarded as "entertainment"? I mean, come on, are we supposed to believe that Walmart endorsed this random act? "Policy manual: Remind blacks that they should shop at Target instead."

Of course, that didn't stop interpid reporters from flocking to gather quotes from customers eager to see their names in print: "It flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said one stupid woman.

"I depended on Walmart for all my needs. But until this issue is addressed in a way I'm comfortable with, I can't walk through those doors again," whined another buffoon.

If this same remark had been made about gays, I'd be sitting here slapping my knee. Is there any doubt that some dumbass kid saw an opportunity at an open mic—that this was obviously not sanctioned by corporate? Anything for a story anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!