Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shh! Grocery Aisle Secrets!

Shh! Don't tell a soul. I was recently at my local supermarket late at night and discovered this all-important top-secret document: how Coca Cola products are arranged, for maximum eye-level impact and sales potential...

Actually, I'm kind of not kidding. When I worked for Nielsen, one of the biz rags that the company owned was called "Beverage Aisle" (Nielsen shuttered it, like so many others), and there were numerous articles on arranging product so that we consumers would go, "My god, Fanta. I love Fanta. I need Fanta. Now."

So I swiped the diagram so that you, too, will know how you're being targeted. Forget terrorists. Coke wants you, cool cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!