While at Fire Island last week, Timmy and meese honored our long summer tradition of counting down our top songs for the year to date. This has been a tough three quarters, where it has taken up to three months to come up with a playlist of as few as 20 songs I wanted to hear in succession.
As I stated a month ago, thank god for Lady Gaga convincing radio that today's youth would adore uptempo pop/dance music—if given an opportunity to hear it. Its proliferation ignited mainstream music for me in the second half of 2010, at last giving me a reason to reattach my iPod to my noggin and enjoy current hits again.
Here's my top 30, as it stands at the end of 3Q... My top artist to date is Tinatin, who earns three songs in the countdown. Gaga is second with two. Other longtime favorites maintaining favor: Celine Dion, Westlife and that dude I live with, Ayhan Sahin, who co-wrote and produced three tracks (with Dennis Delgaudio) sung by Norman Gentle, enduring fave Karine Hannah and Tinatin.
30. So Happy I Could Die—Lady GaGa
29. Something Bout Love—David Archuleta
28. Rose Colored Glasses—Kelly Rowland
27. How to Break a Heart—Westlife
23. California Gurls—Katy Perry
22. If Your Heart Isn't In It—Tinatin
21. Speechless—Lady GaGa
20. Bitch Slap!—Norman Gentle
18. 5 Reasons—Tosun & Loverush UK!
17. Take It Off—Ke$ha
16. I See You (Theme from Avatar)—Leona Lewis
15. All The Way—Tinatin
14. 2012 (It Ain't The End)—Jay Sean
13. Hallelujah—The Canadian Tenors (feat. Celine Dion)
12. Alejandro—Lady GaGa
11. If I Had You—Adam Lambert
10. A Song For You—Celine Dion
9. Marquee—DNA f/Karine Hannah
8. TiK ToK—Ke$ha
7. You Lost Me (Danja Remix)—Christina Aguilera
6. Cooler Than Me—Mike Posner
5. Bulletproof—La Roux
4. Love the Way You Lie—Eminem & Rihanna
3. My First Kiss—3OH!3 Feat. Ke$ha
2. Billionaire—Travie McCoy Feat. Bruno Mars
1. Yesterday—Toni Braxton
Toni Braxton's "Yesterday" came out in January, and has held a lock on my No. 1 spot since. It is potentially the first time she has topped a year-end chart for meese.