Monday, January 31, 2011

Billboard Puts Up Dukes To Battle Past

From The New York Post's Page Six last Wednesday. Ouch. This reaction was ignited by a column written in mid-December by former Billboard London Bureau Chief Emmanuel Legrand, which appeared on his blog as "Billboard Shrinks." Thankfully, my recent zig zag down memory lane appears to have rustled more memories than ruffling feathers (as was intended)... though Legrand certainly made some relevant points about the way it was, and never shall be again. [Click on image to enlarge NYP story in all its "fucking" glory.]

1 comment:

  1. I loved Billboard magazine for a long time and I couldn't wait to get my copy to read about the music industry every week. Of course, I loved the charts as well and I celebrated every time a song I loved would reach the top ten or number one. I miss the Chart Beat. I miss your articles and the 'real reviews'...now the charts are still there but no writer like You, Paul or Fred. Oh well, I am glad I found you through facebook and I get to read this blog now. Congrats, it's fantastic!!!!!!!!!

    Ernesto.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!