Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Paul Giamatti

Coming to work this morning, I boarded the elevator at Court Street for the R train. The door closes. The door opens. I'm annoyed. A mousy man walks in. I look over. "Hi," I say. "Hi."
CT: Paul, everyone I know in the neighborhood always talks about seeing you. [He lives in Brooklyn Heights]. Now I can, too.
PG: Yeah.
CT: Do you mind if we take a picture together?... I'm Chuck [shake hands]
PG: Paul.
CT: Ready?
PG: No. [Click/flash!]
Paul Giamatti was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 2005 for "Cinderella Man." He won an Emmy and Golden Globe for the mini-series "John Adams." This is clearly the worst picture I've taken in my life. I look like an overfed platypus, not following my own rule: chin down! He doesn't seem to be loving the moment. Oh, happy day!

1 comment:

  1. ha.. i saw him on court today.. outside my little pizzeria

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!