Monday, November 30, 2009

Lynchburg: A Touch Of Mink

After watching “Grey Gardens” with the parents... let’s see, my fifth or sixth time... as always, I relished the scene where Cap, the married man, rewards Little Edie with a mink. Ah, the delicious 1940s. That reminded me that hanging in my mammer's closet, gently calling out, “Chuck, darling, psst!” was Evelyn's mink coat, which she’s had for decades (calm down, PETA peddlers, that animal has been dead since before you existed).How could I resist trying it on for size (a perfect fit!), as well as attempting a little-Little Edie drag? Damn, I want to cuddle with that mink on a cold winter New York night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!