Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lynchburg: 100 MPH In My Big Bad 2012 Mustang Boss 302


How do you like my new wheels, cool cats? After living for two years like a pauper, I decided it's time to have a little fun, so I dashed down to a dealer to gobble up one of 3,000 limited edition 2012 Mustang Boss 302 road racers.

Naturally, my big bad Ford Boss offers a 444 horsepower Hi-Po 302 4V Ti-VCT V8 engine, featuring a runner in the box intake manifold, forged pistons, sodium valves, valve springs, new rods, oil cooler and high-lift cams. The engine is capable of 7,500rpm.

Mind you, I have no idea what any of that means... Okay, I guess it's obvious I'm full of horseshit. However, my brother Chris, who has been a car aficionado all his life, bought the car of his dreams... he actually had to go to Texas to find the specs to fit his needs.

On Thanksgiving, post-meal, I got the ride of a lifetime down the back-roads of Bedford County... When we reached 100 miles per hour, I feared I was either going to upchuck my dinner or completely soil myself. What a mad rush... like being on an amusement park roller coaster, only without lines or hearing "It's a small world" 500 times. I felt awfully damn macho.
Above, my Poppy about to go for his ride, with bro Chris at the wheel.Pretty critter, isn't she?Taken before my 100 mph ride... no wet spots yet... I look right at home, eh?

1 comment:

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!