Sunday, January 13, 2013

THE SMOKING NUN: Lights Out For A While

The times they are a'changing. As of January 2013, it is with mighty mixed emotions that I announce The Smoking Nun will be going on hiatus. For the past four-plus years, we've been through a lot together, cool cats, and I'm pleased to say that this blog still logs 400+ hits a day. Over time, we've accumulated more than 728,500 visits.

But the time has come to reevaluate just what the purpose of our time together is best focused on. I can tell you, for one, Speedos and underwear, it is not. At one point, I was reporting on pop culture like an auxiliary Us Weekly, and before that, sharing New York vintage history with gusto.

In recent times I've been running on low in terms of devoting to The Smoking Nun what my original intent was: original reporting, opinions and that certain "sassy slant" that I like to think offered another perspective to so many webbies out there.

So for now it's so long, cool cats. The Smoking Nun is an entrenched part of my identity as a journalist—and unless I can give it 100%, I believe it's best to take a break. Hope to see you soon... I'm so glad we've had this time together! *

3 comments:

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!