Thursday, November 18, 2010

Toto, We're Not In Midtown Anymore...

Safe to say that for the most part, I'm a downtown dude. I mean, you really can't get much further south of Manhattan than the other side of the East River in Brooklyn, right? But yesterday I had business in East Harlem, around First Avenue and 116th Street, far above my typical stomping ground below 14th Street.

Like every New York nabe, the area offers its own novel, captivating flavor and, well I'll be damned, I just happened to have best buddy Nikon S4000 in hand. It was a brisk and breezy but beautifully clear fall day, perfect for walking. Shall we take a little tour on foot? Here, I'm gamboling from the 6 train eastward along 116th Street, a main thoroughfare, from Broadway to First Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!