Monday, December 2, 2013

Olympic Gold Medalist Tom Daley Comfortably Comes Out

No big surprise, but refreshing that 19-year-old British Olympic diver Tom Daley has revealed he is in a relationship with a man.

On his YouTube page, the cutie announces in a 5:25-minute video, "This has been a hard decision to make, but I wanted you to hear this from me. In spring this year, my life changed massively when I met someone, and they make me feel so happy, so safe and everything just feels great. That someone is a guy."

Daley adds, "I've only talked about things I've felt comfortable about. It's one of those things that in an idea world, I wouldn't be doing this video—because it shouldn't matter... It did take me by surprise a little bit. I couldn’t be happier.”

Good going, Tom. We've come a long way from the days when Greg Louganis was forced to hide his homosexuality amid so much global fear. And now... it's hardly news, just the way it should be. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!