Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Taylor Top 40 No. 1 Song Of 2013

Revealed... Despite waiting six years for the new English-language album from Celine Dion, the No. 1 song of 2013 on the long-running Taylor Top 40 (since 1981, cool cats) is... Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' stirring ballad "Stars."

I first heard the song while watching videos on Fuse network, and amid so much crap within the playlist (Justin Timberlake with a great song ruined by a dissonant rap from Jay-Z, for instance), this song made me sit very (very) still... as lead Grace hits that crazy beautiful high note over and again. And the song builds to a crescendo that continues to leave me breathless.

Considering that I first heard this hit in the early part of 2013 and it has maintained it potency throughout the year gives me all the more confidence in loving this as my top track of the year gone by.  Stand by for the FULL Taylor Top 40 for 2013. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!