Saturday, December 8, 2012

2012 Grammy Nominations!

Arghhhhh! It's one of my favorite events of the year... the announcement of the 2012 Grammy Award nominations... and one of The Smoking Nun's premiere opportunities to dish about the best of the year in music... and of course, more fun, the horrendous gaffes. Last year it was all about Adele, whom I supported wholeheartedly. This year, there's no clear leader in the quest to forever mark the best o' the past 12 months.

As a NARAS voter, I take particular interest in the annual expedition of helping select who wins... but as I've stated in the past, in recent years, it pains me that I'm more often voting against contenders rather than piling on kudos.

I mean, Nicki Minaj, critically acclaimed? Seriously? It's enough to wonder if the Grammy Awards more resemble the People's Choice Awards.

Stand by for my take on the best and worst... as soon as I can get a grip on my home office, post-renovation. Soon, no really. Meanwhile, read the major noms here. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!