Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Young Chuck: Circa 1991

Imagine a friend sending a photo of yo'self that you've never seen... an odd phenomenon, I must admit. Donna Mae Moose posted this pic of me on Facebook today, which she reports was taken in the summer of 1991 (making me 28 y.o.), and I am studying with a mix of horror, fascination and utter dumfoundedness (I think I just made up a word). I know exactly where I am—on the balcony of my apartment on Columbia Pike in Arlington, Va.What in the world am I doing with my hands? Love the bouffant! And goddamn, I was lean. Those were the days. I bet I ate cheeseburgers & fries, pizza, mashed potatoes, bacon, eclairs and ice cream in one sitting, belched and boom... original weight. Sigh... My advice to all you cool cats in your 20s: Eat now, eat everything in sight, cause around 41 or 42, food has a way of sticking around in obscene ways.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that Chuck and were we all that skinny then? Those were the days right, all we did then was eat and drink too.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!