Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Bday Rene Charles

Happy Birthday to Rene Charles Angelil, who turns 8 today!

I had the pleasure of meeting the little prince during what remains the most rewarding, surreal day of my career, when I was invited to the home of Celine Dion and Rene Angelil in Montreal to conduct the first interview upon her comeback with "A New Day Has Come" for a Billboard cover story.

I bought Rene Charles a gift at a little boutique toy store in Brooklyn, Heights, and was naturally apprehensive: I mean, what do you give a kid who's getting presents from Oprah and Canada's Prime Minister? I ended up with a square toy that, when you pushed various buttons, played music—you know, one of those that's supposed to be educational and entertaining. To my relief, Celine opened the gift with Rene Charles and said, "How cute. We don't have this." Score!

Celine and Rene couldn't have been more generous. These are classy folks, appreciative of their well-earned successes... It's a day I hold precious. Happy bday, RC! (Collage below by Aivee on celinedionforum.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!