Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Southampton, N.Y.: A New Chapter

The sounds of New York City car horns and jackhammers have been supplanted with lawnmowers and birds as I take up temporary residency in beautiful Southampton, N.Y., courtesy of friend and PR maven Liz Derringer. I'll be here for the next several weeks working on a long-term project that I hope will provide a launching pad for the next step in my journalism career.I arrived Tuesday via an easy ride from Brooklyn on the Long Island Railroad. Liz picked me up and we toured the gargantuan homes that give the locale its rep for the beautiful people oozing millions of dollars. Then, with her pooches Coco and Jasmine, we stopped by the beach, where a cool wind caressed, amid cool temps in the upper 60s. Paradise, indeed.This morning I was up at 8:30 and took a 5-minute walk to Main Street. So peaceful, friendly, easy, quiet... Now it's time for focused research, strategizing and in the afternoon, hopefully, words will begin to take hold on the page.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck, you are the most brilliant writer on EARTH, bar NONE, and I am certain that it will be a major success. AND...how lucky am I??? How many of us get to meet and forge a relationship with their ultimate hero?????? You are KING, my friend. Savor this experience!!!!!! Mark

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!