Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Ayhan is in the house... arrived Friday night for the long Labor Day weekend—after my re-arrival earlier in the day, via LIRR. First stop: the beach by midnight, boasting a full moon reflecting against the waves... right pretty.

Weekend weather forecast is near-perfect: sunny skies and moderate temps, making Saturday a perfect day for the beach. We went with Liz D. and her visiting friend Elga, and doggies Jasmine and Coco for nearly six hours. Aah, yes. Biggest crowd I've seen all summer.I am admittedly a big pussy when it comes to cold water. Saturday was make or break to finally do more than dip my toes in the ocean.It only took me 20 minutes to venture in above the waist, but I did it! Who's a pussy now?Parade of homes, anyone?
Farewell, beautiful Atlantic O.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!