Wednesday, April 18, 2012

R.I.P. Dick Clark... A Broadcasting Legend

I had the immense pleasure of working with Dick Clark, who died this morning at age 82, when he agreed to host the Awards Show for the 1998 Billboard Radio Conference in Phoenix. As Radio Editor, I actually wrote a script for Dick... humbling, huh?... and he could not have been kinder, more gracious and, of course, he was a total pro. He even sent a thank you letter after the fact.

My pal Fredly worked with Dick Clark for decades on numerous specials, including scripting the annual New Year's Rockin' Eve in Times Square. I can imagine this is a particularly tough day for Fred... He, like everyone else who worked for him, was very fond of Dick. R.I.P., Mr. Clark. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!