Sunday, February 21, 2010

To All The Jobs I've Loved Before

One of my fave blog reads is Snig’s Spot. A year ago, she posted every job she’s been paid to do in her life. I loved it so much that I did the same, and it remains one of my favorite exercises in blogland. Now that I’m working for the U.S. Census, I thought I’d offer an encore.

* Crew Leader, the U.S. Census Bureau/Brooklyn, N.Y.
* Would-be author "Joyride." Publication pending!/NYC
* Licensed non-denominational minister, able to legally marry (straight) couples in NYC
* Features editor/writer Radio & Records/NYC
* Artist bios for Backstreet Boys, Jim Brickman, Oleta Adams, Weird Al, Jordin Sparks/NYC
* Liner notes for Celine Dion, ‘N Sync, Time-Life compilations/NYC
* Published songwriter, Young Pals Music/Brooklyn, N.Y.
* Freelance cover stories for NYC gay rag Next/NYC
* Host, Billboard Radio online countdown/NYC
* Tech columnist, Pro Audio Review magazine/Washington, D.C.
* Writer, editor, columnist Billboard magazine/NYC
* Editor Tuned In radio management/programming monthly/Washington, D.C.
* Subscription card data processor IMAS/Washington, D.C.
* Stretch limousine driver/Washington, D.C.
* Wedding videographer/Washington, D.C.
* Reporter TV Technology/Washington, D.C.
* FCC reporter, columnist, tech editor, Radio World/Radio World International/Washington, D.C.
* Editor-in-chief corporate real estate newsletters, Clark Construction Group/Bethesda, Md.
* Host, Dalts restaurant/Falls Church, Va.
* Medical textbook proofreader/Arlington, Va.
* Reporter/section editor/researcher, Washington Business Journal/Arlington, Va.
* Receptionist for ultra-right-wing think tank Capital Research Fund/Washington, D.C.
* Conference director for Georgetown University journalism programs/The Fund for American Studies/Washington, D.C.
* Telemarketer for oceanfront condos in Florida/Alexandria, Va.
* College newspaper features editor, The Breeze/James Madison University/Harrisonburg, Va.
* Editor Curio magazine/James Madison University/Harrisonburg, Va.
* Intern/reporter The News & Daily Advance/Lynchburg, Va.
* DJ/country WWOD-AM & AC WKZZ-FM/Lynchburg, Va.
* Subject for topical acne medication/Lynchburg, Va.
* Pizza cook, Pizza Inn/Lynchburg, Va.
* Dishwasher, Pizza Inn/Lynchburg, Va.
* Dog-sitter/Lynchburg, Va.
* Lawn boy/Lynchburg, Va.
* Drying dishes/cutting grass for weekly allowance/Lynchburg, Va.

With the current economy, I'm looking forward to exploring that career in dog-sitting again.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you were still a medical text proofreader. Some of my medical books are full of typos and at $180/book, I'd think there would not be any.

    Hope you're doing well, Chuck. Sorry I'm not by more often, but do know I think of you quite a bit. School won't last forever (at least that's what I keep telling myself!).

    Hope you have a fantastic week!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!