Monday, October 18, 2010

Willow Smith: The End Of The World Is Nigh

What a landmark day for pop culture: Justin Bieber is no longer the least talented pop artist of the year! If you have 4 minutes of your life to toss in the dumpster, take a look at the debut music video from Willow Smith, the nepotistic annoyingly precocious 9-year-old cherub of Will and Jada Smith.

Hemophiliac warning: Your ears are going to spew blood like the Hoover Dam. Since the kid has no skills, she relies upon the gimmickry of persistently ridiculous hair extensions (Patti Labelle she is not), so natch her song is called, "Whip My Hair." The tirade opens with a cacophonous assault of, "I whip my hair back and forth" no fewer than nine times, before the brat launches into a rap about her "swagger."

In total, Willow shrieks through the hook a total of 393 times in 4 minutes and 8 seconds (I'm lying; you think I could actually make it through the whole song without pouncing on the mute button?).

A star is born... as the sun and moon explode into tiny bits! Goodbye cruel world!

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair (Official Music Video)
Uploaded by trentisthenewpink. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.
With thanks to Dlisted for the link.

2 comments:

  1. I made it 1 min and 22 sec before I had to stop the noise. Yikes!
    Why oh why with all the money the Smiths have would they allow their 9 year old to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny!!!

    A star is born indeed (or stuffed down our throats depending on the way you look at it)...."Whip My Hair" is already an iTunes Top 10 hit.

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!