Sunday, December 7, 2008

We Need A Little Christmas... Now


It takes the perspective of years to determine where the times of our lives ultimately rank... 2008 held much good, but of course it will go down in history as the year that I lost my beloved best friend Strele... that is indelible. There is a bright side: He has guest starred in five dreams since he left, and all have been positive experiences in which he's dead and yet comfortably conversational... we've even had discussions about how things are going. I reap comfort where I can.

Still, I am the luckiest man alive to be in love and to have the good fortune to decorate one more Christmas tree. Of course, what better background during the festivities than... "Mommy Dearest"!!

Pictured here, we have Ayhan skillfully assembling the pieces of our artificial tree, because lord knows, I am obsessively green and would never think of having downing a poor, poor live tree (kindly see * below); the Christmas scene in "MD" and myself ever-so-carefully hanging Kirby on a strong branch on the tree (Ayhan failed to find the amusement in this scenario).
(* "Green" can bite me. I was around in the '70s when "ecology" was the buzzword to "save" the environment. Just live smart, be free. I have never consumed bottled water, I replaced my light bulbs, I take public transportation. Kindly let me alone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!