Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Glen Campbell

Country/pop singer Glen Campbell, who turns 73 today, is actively playing on my April iTunes playlist, thanks for a new greatest hits collection. "By the Time I Get To Phoenix," "Southern Nights," "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Country Boy" and "Honey Come Back"... classics.

"Phoenix," a No. 2 country hit in 1967, is an oldie that I used to spin when I worked as a country DJ in Lynchburg, Va., in 1979-1980. Campbell became a crossover sensation in the mid-1970s with pop No. 1's "Rhinestone" and "Southern."

Oh, yeah, it's also Earth Day. I think that has something or other to do with wiping your feet at the door to keep the floors clean.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Todd has been touring with Glen this past year as his star guitarist!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!