Thursday, April 16, 2009

Now New York Likes Its Gays

I'd love to say I'm hopeful, but as the blind man said, "I'll believe it when I see it..."

Yahoo: Gov. David Paterson announced plans Thursday to legalize same-sex marriage in New York. The proposal is the same bill the Democrat-controlled state Assembly passed in 2007 before it died in the Senate, where the Republican majority kept it from going to a vote. Democrats now control the Senate.

"I'm introducing a bill to bring marriage equality to the state of New York," Paterson said, drawing a parallel between the fight to eliminate slavery in the 1800s. "Rights should not be stifled by fear. What we should understand is that silence should not be a response to injustice. And that if we take not action, we will surely lose."

I actually have more faith in Travelocity's fab gay agenda:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!