Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Kel and Babs

Kelly Clarkson is only 27? Oops. Well, at least she's got money. And talent. "Already Gone" is high on my April iTunes playlist and "My Life Would Suck Without You" was a spotlight review in Billboard, where I predicted its hasty rise to No. 1. New album "All I Ever Wanted" is an absolute return to form. Sounding good, girl.

Meanwhile, I may be a big ole gay, but Barbra Streisand has always been a by-the-song singer for me. Her best: 1980's collaboration with Barry Gibb on "Guilty," featuring the title track and "What Kind Of Fool," both duets, and "Woman In Love." Another indelible hit is "The Way He Makes Me Feel" from 1983's "Yentl" and of course, proving that I am indeed gay, disco smashes "The Main Event" and "Enough Is Enough (No More Tears)" with Donna Summer.

Hike up your skirts, ladies. Happy B-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!