Friday, September 10, 2010

We Made The Cut: A Bedroom Makeover On HGTV's "Dear Genevieve"!

Life is sweet, but every once in a while you get a velvet-coated curve ball that truly makes you appreciate the spontaneous good that occasionally comes one's way. In June, I responded to a Facebook inquiry for New York-area rooms in need of a makeover for HGTV's "Dear Genevieve." As I outlined in a previous post, we were lucky enough to audition last month for a spot on the show.

Get this: We made it!! I heard from a producer within days who assured that Ayhan and I have been green-lighted for a bedroom makeover. Shit. Oh, shit! We are scheduled for our magic reno Jan. 10-14, 2011, all done in five days. As a New Yorker living in a coop, I have to jump through hoops to get board approval, but today I met with my building manager, discussed the details and got a thumbs up that as long as I fill out blah and get blah insurance, we should be good to go!

In the Aug. 21 post after our audition, I wrote, "Can you imagine?" Now, believe me, all I do is imagine, hoping and praying this will come to be.

And you can bet, I'll report every step right here on The Smoking Nun. Please cross your fingers. Damn, this is good shit, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Hi- how long after they came and taped you did they call you back?

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!