Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TUESDAY NIGHT ON GAC: 'Kenny Rogers, The First 50 Years' With Sheena Easton!

I cannot recall the last time I saw Sheena Easton on TV, other than watching VH1 Classic. So tonight is an event of mammoth proportions for me, as I wade through Kenny Rogers' 90-minute concert special, "The First 50 Years," on Great American Country at 8:30 p.m. eastern time.

Taped at the MGM Grand At Foxwoods, Conn., in April 2010, performances include Kenny's 1983 smash duet "We've Got Tonight" with Sheena, as well as guests Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie, Alison Krauss, Smokey Robinson, Chris Issak, Tim McGraw, Wynonna, Darius Rucker, The Oak Ridge Boys and the original First Edition.

2 comments:

  1. A great great singer!
    Ciao,
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a very long time all I knew about Sheena Easton was pretty much her duet with Kenny Rogers...I love "We'Ve Got Tonight." There is a video on youtube of Kenny and Dolly Parton and she changes one of the lines from "Who needs tomorrow" to "Who needs Sheena Easton." As much as I like Dolly as a person, I thought that wasn't necessary...oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!