Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Newsweek's Dreams Come True: Controversy Over Bachmann Cover

Michele Bachmann's nutso Newsweek cover is drawing lots of criticism—just as the rag hoped–with folks calling it everything from unfair to saying it makes her look "crazy"(!) to accusations from Gloria Steinem that it's sexist(?!). Americans seems to disagree: In an MSNBC poll, 61% say the cover is "appropriate."

I say if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... As Jonathan Capehart of The Washington Post says, "She sputters nonsense, half-truths and outright distortions of history most of the time." Here are some other shots and outtakes from the Newsweek photo session, courtesy of The Daily Beast. She still looks crazy as a fucking loon.
Demonstrating just how stupid Americans are (and why there is a Tea Party), the woman on the left told Newsweek, "I’m sick of all them politicians that tell me what to do with my life. Something about her tells me to follow her." She doesn't seem to recognize that Bachmann intended to vote against the debt-ceiling compromise that would ensure her Social Security and military benefits owed to her sons.
Bachmann tells the magazine that she converted to a “living faith” at 16: "You know, the Holy Spirit knocked on my heart’s door. I literally got on my knees and confessed my sins. I gave my heart to Jesus Christ.” Which is probably a better bet than giving her heart to her flaming in-the-closet husband, about whom she says: The Lord says be submissive to your husbands." I wonder what Steinem thinks of that.
Even better Funny Or Die offers some alternative cover headlines to explain Bachmann's wide-eyed expression... Click on image for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!