Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fab, Fine Time

Ayhan and I had a peachy time tonight at Piola just down from Union Square in Manhattan with sensational new pal Sergio and his longtime friend, the fab & beautiful Duffy, talking shit about the music biz back to the glorious '80s. Many shared names and experiences. Duffy works with A&R execs and is hoping to place Ayhan's melodic masterpieces with artists looking for hits. I, meanwhile, am looking to Ayhan to sell a No. 1 song and place my cold ass in a condo in Miami... so I certainly had a pleasant evening. For god's sake, Duffy recognizes that Ayhan is a hit songwriter... and I am ready to ride those coattails to a warm climate.

As I wrote to them: "Making connections in New York is easy... Making new friends in New York that you really enjoy... not as easy." Ayhan and I are thrilled to have these folks in our lives in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!