Monday, February 9, 2009

Dunno Who You Are, But Love You!

I launched this blog modestly June 7, 2008 with the words, "Welcome to the Chuck Taylor blog! Stand by for news, views and commentary!" I didn't return until October, when I leisurely posted all of eight entries. But when our plasma TV went kaput in November, I found myself with time on my hands—and a laptop sitting in front of me. Boom! There were 44 posts that month, followed by 73 in December and 113 in January.

At this point, the blog is a daily indulgence to record the times of a generous life: the photos and certainly, a good share of rants.

Of course, I figured that this was total self-indulgence... that aside from a couple accommodating friends (that's you Donna and Mark), nobody was actually reading this random collection of goop.

But on Jan. 18, I installed a counter and I'll be damned, it seems that this Internet thing is catching on. Today, less than a month later, I reached 3,000 hits. Of course, I recognize that that's nuttin' compared to "real" blogs, but it's awfully gratifying.

So thank you! That feels nice. Keep coming back, won't you?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your blog! I'm not surprised at the number of hits you have. It's such a fun read. I look forward to every new post! Love ya honey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna...couldn't agree more. Absolutely love Chuck's blog....and the man himself, naturally!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!