Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"No Future"

Graphic design student and Dublin resident Hazel Coonagh was the victor in the “People” category of the “World’s Largest Photo Contest,” referenced in today’s Metro newspaper. Her photo, “No Future,” certainly resonates with me.She describes the setting: "I was waiting for the bus on my way home. It started snowing, but it wasn’t the fast kind of snowfall that’s hard to catch on a photo. The timing, atmosphere and weather were great. Fortunately, I always have my camera with me. This photo has really become a message about the recession in Ireland and the rest of the world. I think it’s a result of a photograph with a real message behind it about the times we are living in which many people can identify with."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that because of Spam, comments are now approved by The Smoking Nun, within a day of posting. Please feel free to smoke here all you want!